D-backs set up military surprise reunion between father, son
The Arizona Diamondbacks weren’t all fun and games on Game of Thrones Night Friday.
As many gimmicks as they had planned for the night, they also took the time to be serious and let a family have an extra special evening.
The D-backs set up a military surprise reunion for U.S. Army Staff Sergeant Matthew Hart and his family.
Hart had been stationed in South Korea over the past year, and his family was at the game between the D-backs and Cincinnati Reds.
It appeared that Hart’s family was all aware of what was going to happen except for his son, Jase.
When Hart re-united with his son, they received a standing ovation for the heart-wrenching moment.
- D-backs avoid arbitration with 9 players including Ray, Lamb, Pollock
- D-backs reach agreement with Brad Boxberger, avoid arbitration
- D-backs agree to one-year deal with Corbin, avoid arbitration
- Report: Stalemate between Red Sox, J.D. Martinez continues
- D-backs announce pitchers, catchers workouts begin on Valentine’s Day