Ray vs. Romano? Everybody’s loving this matchup
The Arizona Diamondbacks open a three-game series against the Cincinnati Reds Tuesday at Great American Ballpark.
A quick look at the pitching matchup will make fans of a certain sitcom very happy.
Everybody loves this, right?
Comedic actor Ray Romano starred in CBS’ Everybody Loves Raymond from 1996 to 2005. It was the story of a sportswriter (Romano) and his overbearing parents, who live across the street.
This is the first time a Ray-Romano matchup has happened, and it comes in Romano’s third big-league start. The 23-year-old right-hander made his debut in April, and then started again for the Reds on July 6 when he earned his first career win over the Colorado Rockies.
- ESPN: Yasmany Tomas has the D-backs’ worst contract
- ESPN’s Olney: Red Sox offered Martinez deal in range of $100 million
- D-backs avoid arbitration with 9 players including Ray, Lamb, Pollock
- D-backs reach agreement with Brad Boxberger, avoid arbitration
- D-backs agree to one-year deal with Corbin, avoid arbitration