Ray vs. Romano? Everybody’s loving this matchup
The Arizona Diamondbacks open a three-game series against the Cincinnati Reds Tuesday at Great American Ballpark.
A quick look at the pitching matchup will make fans of a certain sitcom very happy.
Everybody loves this, right?
Comedic actor Ray Romano starred in CBS’ Everybody Loves Raymond from 1996 to 2005. It was the story of a sportswriter (Romano) and his overbearing parents, who live across the street.
This is the first time a Ray-Romano matchup has happened, and it comes in Romano’s third big-league start. The 23-year-old right-hander made his debut in April, and then started again for the Reds on July 6 when he earned his first career win over the Colorado Rockies.
- Goldschmidt shows off baserunning skills in fourth inning against Rockies
- Eight-year-old throws first pitch at D-backs’ game using 3-D-printed hand
- Paul Goldschmidt: Intimidating, friendly, the guy you want at the plate
- Rockies light up Archie Bradley in game-changing inning of D-backs’ loss
- Current D-backs, 2001 champs dominate 20th anniversary team