Tigers to give out Martinez bobblehead, who they traded away
Break-ups are awkward.
Whether it’s the late night pleads for redemption, regret that you had spent so much time with someone or simply figuring out what to do with your old partner’s belongings can be hard.
The Detroit Tigers will have to go through something similar.
Just two days before they traded outfielder J.D. Martinez to the Arizona Diamondbacks, they posted an offer for a sweet, one-of-a-kind Game of Thrones bobblehead. You probably know where this is going — it’s of Martinez.
The giveway night is just over a week away, so it’s a sure thing the team already has thousands of those collectibles lined up ready to be distributed to the fans.
There’s no knowing if the Tigers will cut their losses and give out the souvenirs or cut their losses and cancel the giveway. It’s a lose-lose situation for them.
On the other hand, D-backs fans who missed out on the Taijuan Walker Game of Thrones bobblehead night now have a chance to score that coveted item, even if it means a trip to Motown.
- D-backs’ Zack Greinke to miss next scheduled start
- D-backs make five roster moves, send Socrates Brito to Triple-A
- D-backs’ Robbie Ray throws strong outing with Opening Day a possibility
- D-backs uncertain about Zack Greinke’s status for Opening Day
- Portillo’s and Dutch Bros join food options for D-backs at Chase Field