Devin Booker reacts to his overall rating on NBA 2K18
It’s no secret that a good chunk of professional athletes are gamers. Go in a locker room and you will likely see a gaming system hooked up to the TV.
With that, they tend to care about what their overall rating is in the games they are featured in, whether that’s Madden, FIFA, or NBA 2K.
It should be no surprise that players get competitive about it, claiming they should be rated higher.
The latest is Phoenix Suns shooting guard Devin Booker, who was one of many players asked by the 2K staff what he thought his rating was before it got revealed.
Booker thought he would be an 88, improving on his 83 rating in the last roster update of last year’s game, NBA 2K17. He cited his improvement over the course of the year before being told he was an 86.
His response shouldn’t surprise anyone.
“Got some work to do,” Booker said. “I’ll take it, though. It’s an improvement. At least I’m going forward so that’s good.”
- Empire of the Suns trade deadline preview: Greg Monroe
- Devin Booker hits jumper over Jamal Murray, steals his arrow celebration
- Suns need to heavily consider trading for Kemba Walker, just not yet
- Phoenix Suns still without Chriss, expected to welcome back Warren
- Devin Booker ties for fourth in player All-Star voting for West guards