Devin Booker reacts to his overall rating on NBA 2K18
It’s no secret that a good chunk of professional athletes are gamers. Go in a locker room and you will likely see a gaming system hooked up to the TV.
With that, they tend to care about what their overall rating is in the games they are featured in, whether that’s Madden, FIFA, or NBA 2K.
It should be no surprise that players get competitive about it, claiming they should be rated higher.
The latest is Phoenix Suns shooting guard Devin Booker, who was one of many players asked by the 2K staff what he thought his rating was before it got revealed.
Booker thought he would be an 88, improving on his 83 rating in the last roster update of last year’s game, NBA 2K17. He cited his improvement over the course of the year before being told he was an 86.
His response shouldn’t surprise anyone.
“Got some work to do,” Booker said. “I’ll take it, though. It’s an improvement. At least I’m going forward so that’s good.”
- Suns’ Jared Dudley reflects on current role with Suns on ‘The Woj Pod’
- Empire of the Suns Mailbag: Booker’s next step, Doncic’s fit, 2018 draft
- Suns sign second-round draft pick Alec Peters
- Phoenix Suns release ‘statement’ black alternate jersey for new season
- The 5: Impactful midseason trades in Valley sports history