D-backs reliever Andrew Chafin’s ‘mic’d up’ segment has it all
Arizona Diamondbacks reliever Andrew Chafin was the latest D-back featured on a “mic’d up” segment and like David Peralta, he delivered.
On the “listen in” segment played on Fox Sports Arizona, Chafin begins by letting everyone know he has a truck for sale and those interested can reach out to him on Twitter. He’s already had some inquiries.
Then, Chafin learns from his teammates about newly promoted Anthony Banda, who Zack Godley discloses is a great barber. Chafin jokes the team “might now keep him around for a little while.”
Godley and Chafin then show their skill in shagging fly balls, which includes a failed toss by Godley to Chafin, Chafin ruling a catch safe and doing some repairs on the recently damaged grass.
If there’s one thing for D-backs fans to take away from this, though, it’s that saying “please” to Chafin for a ball during batting practice is the way to go.
The segment ends about as bizarrely as you’d expect it to with manager Torey Lovullo learning survival skills involving rabbits.
The star of the show outside of Chafin is Godley, who doesn’t even react like Chafin’s behavior is abnormal.
- NL West at All-Star break: Machado swings division in Dodgers’ favor
- All-Star SS Manny Machado traded to Los Angeles Dodgers
- Measuring D-backs pitcher Zack Godley’s decline in 2018
- Goldschmidt walks, Corbin and Greinke don’t pitch in All-Star Game
- Paul Goldschmidt gets start as DH in 2018 MLB All-Star Game