J.D. Martinez to return to Diamondbacks lineup Monday
The Arizona Diamondbacks’ lineup on Monday in their series-opener against the Atlanta Braves will include recent trade acquisition J.D. Martinez.
The 29-year-old was acquired by Arizona last week as the D-backs sent three prospects to the Detroit Tigers. In Martinez’s debut with his new club, he was hit by a pitch on his left hand. He has not played since.
The outfielder is expected to be a significant addition to an already-potent D-backs offense, which is lacking at least one right-handed bat with the absence of Yasmany Tomas, who is nursing an injury. In his career, Martinez has hit .283 with the Astros and Tigers, but was hitting .305 with Detroit this season before the trade.
He also has 16 home runs and 39 RBI this season.
First pitch for the game against the Braves is at 6:40 at Chase Field.
- In commanding outing, Greinke shows why D-backs paid him $200M
- Zack Greinke dominates Rockies as Diamondbacks avoid sweep
- D-backs’ Torey Lovullo finds no DH in NL more strategic, interesting
- Bullpen comes up short for D-backs in loss to Rockies
- Goldschmidt shows off baserunning skills in fourth inning against Rockies