Suns’ Derrick Jones Jr. has won the Drive By Dunk Challenge
The Phoenix Suns’ Derrick Jones Jr. introduced the world to #AirplaneMode last season and he’s still showing people what the hashtag is all about.
The #DriveByDunkChallenge was taking Twitter by storm over the last week, and Boston Celtics rookie Jaylen Brown held the crown for the best rendition at the time.
While Brown nearly destroys a hoop, he didn’t jump over a human being in the process and that’s where Jones has him beat.
In a video recorded by The Ringer (Warning: explicit language in original video), Jones hops out of his car and sees the perfect opportunity. Two guys are playing on a hoop and one of them is standing right in front of the basket to get the ball and take his turn to shoot.
Jones doesn’t hesitate, taking the angle and flying over the man, who takes a tumble after Jones’ dunk.
For a quick getaway, Jones ditches the ball, knowing his job was done.
- The 5: Takeaways from Summer Suns’ time in Las Vegas
- Javonte Green turns into human highlight reel in Suns’ win over Spurs
- Suns’ Jack Cooley is the coolest guy at Vegas Summer League
- Suns notebook: Ayton underperforms, Okobo injured, Bridges’ revenge game
- Suns’ Shaq Harrison slams it home in closing minutes against 76ers