Cardinals rookie Chad Williams repays mom with special gift
When Arizona Cardinals rookie Chad Williams signed his first professional contract, he knew exactly what was going to be his first purchase.
No, it wasn’t a house or a fancy car for himself.
Instead, it was a special gift for his mother, Lisa Rowe, who he knew how much she wanted to have a car with air conditioning.
“My brother works, so my mom watches my niece a lot,” Williams told azcardinals.com. “Man, my niece can’t be riding around in a hot car. She’s a year-and-a-half almost. She can’t be riding around in a hot car.”
Williams added that getting that car for his mom was the only thing he could think about when he signed his contract in mid-May. He settled for a 2016 Nissan Altima which is priced around $20,000.
- David Johnson checks in to Cards camp still awaiting contract extension
- Offensive coordinator Mike McCoy can help Rosen find long-term success
- David Johnson, Josh Rosen highlight ESPN’s NFL 2021 predictions
- USA Today: Cardinals not expected to contend for playoffs in 2018-19
- Arizona Cardinals rank No. 41 in Forbes’ 2018 most valuable franchises