When Arizona Cardinals rookie Chad Williams signed his first professional contract, he knew exactly what was going to be his first purchase.
No, it wasn’t a house or a fancy car for himself.
Instead, it was a special gift for his mother, Lisa Rowe, who he knew how much she wanted to have a car with air conditioning.
“My brother works, so my mom watches my niece a lot,” Williams told azcardinals.com. “Man, my niece can’t be riding around in a hot car. She’s a year-and-a-half almost. She can’t be riding around in a hot car.”
Williams added that getting that car for his mom was the only thing he could think about when he signed his contract in mid-May. He settled for a 2016 Nissan Altima which is priced around $20,000.
- Now it can be said: Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu is back
- Cardinals notes: Brandon Williams shines in loss to Bears
- Arizona Cardinals can’t hold lines in preseason loss to Bears
- Cardinals fall just short of comeback in preseason loss to Bears
- Bruce Arians’ son Jake not pleased with Cardinals’ first-half performance