Coyotes announce new ECHL affiliation agreement with Fort Wayne Komets
The Arizona Coyotes announced Monday they have signed a one-year affiliation agreement with the ECHL’s Fort Wayne Komets.
“We are excited to partner with the Fort Wayne Komets as our new ECHL affiliate,” said Coyotes president of hockey operations and GM John Chayka in a release. “The Komets are a first class organization with a very passionate fan base. We look forward to a great partnership.”
The Komets play in the ECHL’s Western Conference’s Central Division and are one of 28 teams in the league.
Since its founding in 1952, the Komets have won nine championships in the IHL, UHL, CHL and have made the ECHL playoffs in four of five seasons since joining the league in 2012.
Fort Wayne plays its home games at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Prior to agreeing to an affiliation agreement with the Komets, the Coyotes had an affiliation with the Rapid City Rush.
- Anthony Duclair has hat trick, Coyotes beat Senators in OT
- Coyotes’ Stepan hopes to step up production with more aggressive play
- The 5: Most thrilling debut seasons in Valley sports history
- Coyotes beat Montreal in nine-goal thriller for third win of season
- ‘Yotes GM John Chayka more worried about the process than the standings