Coyotes announce new ECHL affiliation agreement with Fort Wayne Komets
The Arizona Coyotes announced Monday they have signed a one-year affiliation agreement with the ECHL’s Fort Wayne Komets.
“We are excited to partner with the Fort Wayne Komets as our new ECHL affiliate,” said Coyotes president of hockey operations and GM John Chayka in a release. “The Komets are a first class organization with a very passionate fan base. We look forward to a great partnership.”
The Komets play in the ECHL’s Western Conference’s Central Division and are one of 28 teams in the league.
Since its founding in 1952, the Komets have won nine championships in the IHL, UHL, CHL and have made the ECHL playoffs in four of five seasons since joining the league in 2012.
Fort Wayne plays its home games at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Prior to agreeing to an affiliation agreement with the Komets, the Coyotes had an affiliation with the Rapid City Rush.
- Battle for the bottom: Coyotes, Sabres vying with others for best lottery odds
- Coyotes ink goalie Merrick Madsen to entry-level contract
- Arizona Coyotes to recall Dylan Strome; Jason Demers done for season
- Ekman-Larsson becomes 6th Swedish D-man to reach 100 goals
- Arizona Coyotes finish homestand with win over Mike Smith, Flames