D-backs and Cubs hold dance-off during rain delay in Chicago
While no one really likes to see rain delays in baseball, their happening does not necessarily mean fun cannot be had.
And sure enough, both the Arizona Diamondbacks and Chicago Cubs had some fun while Thursday’s game was paused in the top of the second inning.
There were costumes. Bowling and fishing happened. Bobsledding took place, and finally a dance-off was had.
The question of who spent their time better is certainly one that can be debated, though with a 4-0 lead at the time, the D-backs were likely in a bit of a better mood throughout it all.
And if nothing else, at least they didn’t suffer the same fate as this unfortunate member of the grounds crew.
- NL Wild Card tracker: D-backs fight for playoff positioning
- Cool it: From slushy ice to high utility bills, sports in desert can be costly
- Diamondbacks’ Paul Goldschmidt collects 1,000th career hit
- Diamondbacks vs. Padres game to be broadcast on Facebook Live
- A different team: Goldschmidt, D-backs look forward, not back