Report: Suns among NBA teams that will have ‘Classics’ uniform
For the Phoenix Suns’ 50th anniversary, the team will be equipped with NBA “Classics” throwback jerseys for the 2017-18 season, reports SportsLogos.net. That means the Suns will be one of eight NBA teams that will have not four, but five unique uniforms for Nike’s first year as the league’s uniform outfitter.
SportsLogos.net’s Conrad Burry reports that Phoenix will throw it back to the 1968-73 era of jerseys, which makes sense considering the 50-year anniversary for the franchise that entered the NBA in 1968.
It’s unknown whether Phoenix will wear a home or road version of their classic jerseys.
Nike, which takes over Adidas’ jersey-making duties, announced in July it would no longer be designating a home and a road jersey. There will be a white “Association” jersey, an “Icon” jersey, which will be a team color, a “Community” version that is locally inspired, and an “Athlete Mindset” jersey.
One purple version of a Suns jersey leaked online that SportsLogos.net reported was likely a real jersey mockup.
Teams have been steadily releasing the “Association” and “Icon” uniforms before the other alternates are announced closer to the season.
Here are the other teams that SportsLogos.net confirms will have a “Classics” uniforms alternate this season:
– Atlanta Hawks (1972-76)
– Charlotte Hornets (1989-96)
– Golden State Warriors (1971-75)
– Indiana Pacers (Hickory Hoosiers fauxback)
– Los Angeles Lakers (1947-52)
– Miami Heat (1988-99)
– Milwaukee Bucks (1968-73)
- Suns’ losing streak now up to 10 games after loss in Cleveland
- Bagley or Ayton? ASU’s Bobby Hurley gives his take on future draft picks
- Woj: Suns coaching search is underway, will include Triano
- NBA Draft Lottery odds tracker: Suns sniffing three first-round picks
- NBA Draft stock report: Many exits for top prospects in NCAA Tournament