Phoenix Rising FC’s highest profile signing has been well worth the hype to start his career with the club.
The 39-year-old legendary forward Didier Drogba has now scored five goals in nine games for the club and his latest was the best.
His free-kick effort from well over 30 yards out gave Phoenix Rising a 1-0 lead, one they would increase to 2-0 for a win.
Along with his five goals, Drogba also has two assists.
Drogba debuted for the club on June 10, scoring in the game.
Phoenix Rising and Drogba are pushing for the team to become an MLS franchise. The club was asked to submit its bid by MLS earlier this year.
- A bit of a stretch: That’s what Phoenix Rising does to keep its players healthy
- Phoenix Rising hopes Gold Cup success helps MLS cause
- Could another former Chelsea star join Didier Drogba at Phoenix Rising?
- Soccer sensation Drogba delivers on promise in Phoenix Rising debut
- Didier Drogba scores goal in Phoenix Rising FC debut