Arizona Cardinals work out punter Brock Miller
The Arizona Cardinals worked out punter Brock Miller on Wednesday, the Southern Utah product tweeted.
Miller was not selected in the 2014 NFL Draft after he averaged 43.4 yards on 79 punts in 2013. He averaged 43.2 yards per punt in 2012 and 40.4 in 2011.
The 5-foot-11, 190 pound punter was signed by the San Francisco 49ers on a futures contract in January and was released in May.
Arizona already has two more experienced punters in camp who have underwhelmed. Mike Jurecki of 98.7 FM, Arizona’s Sports Station wrote Wednesday that the Cardinals could considering bringing on free agents if neither Matt Wile nor Richie Leone improve.
Both punters have been inconsistent. In the next four-preseason games, they must show improvement, otherwise the Cardinals could find another punter before the season starts.
- Cardinals suspend GM Steve Keim for five weeks after he pleads guilty to DUI
- Cardinals need a lot to go right to rise in ESPN’s future power rankings
- Arizona Cardinals single-game tickets go on sale Saturday
- Bickley & Marotta: A song parody a day while David Johnson is away
- PFF: Arizona Cardinals’ projected O-line near bottom of NFL