Arizona Cardinals work out punter Brock Miller
The Arizona Cardinals worked out punter Brock Miller on Wednesday, the Southern Utah product tweeted.
Miller was not selected in the 2014 NFL Draft after he averaged 43.4 yards on 79 punts in 2013. He averaged 43.2 yards per punt in 2012 and 40.4 in 2011.
The 5-foot-11, 190 pound punter was signed by the San Francisco 49ers on a futures contract in January and was released in May.
Arizona already has two more experienced punters in camp who have underwhelmed. Mike Jurecki of 98.7 FM, Arizona’s Sports Station wrote Wednesday that the Cardinals could considering bringing on free agents if neither Matt Wile nor Richie Leone improve.
Both punters have been inconsistent. In the next four-preseason games, they must show improvement, otherwise the Cardinals could find another punter before the season starts.
- Mel Kiper’s first 2018 NFL mock draft has Cardinals taking DB
- Report: Panthers’ Steve Wilks will have second interview with Cardinals
- Rapoport: Falcons’ Armstrong to interview with Cardinals on Friday
- Munchak: Timing not right to pursue Cardinals’ coaching job
- A look at the NFL’s top free agent and trade targets at QB