Mercury center Brittney Griner to return Saturday against Storm
The Phoenix Mercury will be receiving a big boost this weekend with MVP candidate Brittney Griner returning to the lineup.
Griner will be coming back into the fray for the Mercury against the Seattle Storm on Saturday. She missed the last eight games because of a left knee bone bruise and right ankle sprain.
Griner is the league’s leader in scoring and blocks, averaging a career-high 22.3 points and 8.2 rebounds per game as well.
In her absence, the Mercury went 3-5.
Phoenix is currently 14-12 and fifth in the WNBA standings with eight games remaining. With eight teams making the playoffs, the Mercury are four games ahead of the team in ninth, the Atlanta Dream.
- Mercury’s Griner, Lynx’s Fowles reflect strong post play in WNBA
- Olympic skater Rippon highlights Phoenix Mercury PRIDE Night
- Phoenix Mercury win eighth straight game behind Taurasi’s 28 points
- Mercury win 7th straight, take down Connecticut Sun
- Diana Taurasi scores 21, leads Mercury to 6th straight win