Bills fan buys Sammy Watkins jersey moments before trade
It’s never fun to own the jersey of a player who gets traded. It’s even worse when that jersey is only a few minutes old.
This fan bought a Buffalo Bills jersey of Sammy Watkins, a wide receiver with three years of NFL experience and a 1,000-yard season under his belt thus far.
The only problem is, Stephen bought that jersey on Friday. Watkins was traded moments later to the Los Angeles Rams for cornerback E.J. Gaines and a second-round draft pick.
The tweet went viral, but that’s not likely to make up for the fact that Stephen just dropped some coin on a jersey that became outdated before lunchtime.
- ESPN’s Elhassan: Elfrid Payton’s time in Phoenix is a tryout, not a rental
- Post-trade deadline look at Suns’ salaries, roster, draft picks
- Support flows in for Bills center Eric Wood’s cause after his retirement
- Bortles Foundation gets contribution from Bengals fans after Steelers loss
- Coyotes hope Duclair trade can trigger reversal of fortunes