Raiders’ Marshawn Lynch sits during anthem before Cardinals game
Oakland Raiders running back Marshawn Lynch sat during the Star Spangled Banner prior to the Raiders’ game against the Arizona Cardinals at University of Phoenix Stadium on Saturday.
Lynch’s act mirrors that of former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who sparked a national debate after he knelt during his the national anthem last season.
Lynch, 31, hasn’t played since 2015 but came out of retirement this season to join the Raiders. In nine NFL seasons, the former Super Bowl champion has been a five-time Pro Bowler and one-time All-Pro selection.
- Behind Enemy Lines: Washington prepares to host Cardinals in Week 15
- Report: Arizona Cardinals placing Adrian Peterson on IR with neck injury
- Dealing Cards: Chandler Jones putting together career year
- Week 15 NFL Injury Report: Arizona Cardinals at Washington Redskins
- Once again, change coming to the Arizona Cardinals offensive line