Raiders’ Marshawn Lynch sits during anthem before Cardinals game
Oakland Raiders running back Marshawn Lynch sat during the Star Spangled Banner prior to the Raiders’ game against the Arizona Cardinals at University of Phoenix Stadium on Saturday.
Lynch’s act mirrors that of former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who sparked a national debate after he knelt during his the national anthem last season.
Lynch, 31, hasn’t played since 2015 but came out of retirement this season to join the Raiders. In nine NFL seasons, the former Super Bowl champion has been a five-time Pro Bowler and one-time All-Pro selection.
- Behind Enemy Lines: Cardinals face Rams in London
- Cardinals’ Tyrann Mathieu and other NFL players try out soccer
- Trivia Tuesday: First 100-yard games by Cardinals running backs
- Dealing Cards: Peterson lifts teammates, Williams lifts defense
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Mapping out a business trip to London