Raiders’ Marshawn Lynch sits during anthem before Cardinals game
Oakland Raiders running back Marshawn Lynch sat during the Star Spangled Banner prior to the Raiders’ game against the Arizona Cardinals at University of Phoenix Stadium on Saturday.
Lynch’s act mirrors that of former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who sparked a national debate after he knelt during his the national anthem last season.
Lynch, 31, hasn’t played since 2015 but came out of retirement this season to join the Raiders. In nine NFL seasons, the former Super Bowl champion has been a five-time Pro Bowler and one-time All-Pro selection.
- NFL.com’s Rosenthal: Cardinals’ Mathieu a trade candidate to watch
- ESPN rates the Cardinals’ chances of landing each QB
- Cardinals LB coach Larry Foote ‘excited’ to coach under Wilks
- Cardinals’ Robert Nkemdiche has a ‘clean slate’ with new coaching staff
- Mel Kiper’s second mock has Cardinals drafting wide receiver