Oakland Raiders running back Marshawn Lynch sat during the Star Spangled Banner prior to the Raiders’ game against the Arizona Cardinals at University of Phoenix Stadium on Saturday.
Lynch’s act mirrors that of former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who sparked a national debate after he knelt during his the national anthem last season.
Lynch, 31, hasn’t played since 2015 but came out of retirement this season to join the Raiders. In nine NFL seasons, the former Super Bowl champion has been a five-time Pro Bowler and one-time All-Pro selection.
- Cardinals tweak roster; sign Ryan Langford and waive Marquis Bundy
- Cardinals QB guru Byron Leftwich is rising up the coaching ranks
- Internet lights up Jags QB Blake Bortles for being bad
- Dealing Cards: Rucker, Arians have ‘transparent conversations’
- Cardinals players label Charlottesville violence an eye-opener for America