Jim Irsay non-committal on Andrew Luck’s availability against Cardinals
The Arizona Cardinals learned Friday that they won’t have to play against one of the best running backs in the NFL, as Dallas Cowboys’ Ezekiel Elliot was suspended six games and will miss their Week 3 matchup.
Just a week earlier, the Cardinals might not have to play against a proven quarterback either.
Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck underwent shoulder surgery in January and has yet to see the field in training camp this season.
Irsay told reporters that Luck could play in the season opener. He might not. He might miss a couple weeks. So who knows?
The Cardinals travel to Indianapolis for Week 2 on Sept. 17.
At this point, it will be the wait-and-see game to know exactly who will be garnering snaps against them at Lucas Oil Stadium.
- Dealing Cards: Fitzgerald retirement talk put on hold, ‘where’s Clowney?’
- Week 11 injury report: Arizona Cardinals at Houston Texans
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Gabbert seen as ‘starter-in-waiting’
- Blaine Gabbert officially named starter for Arizona Cardinals on Sunday
- Behind Enemy Lines: Texans host Cardinals in midst of three-game skid