Jim Irsay non-committal on Andrew Luck’s availability against Cardinals
The Arizona Cardinals learned Friday that they won’t have to play against one of the best running backs in the NFL, as Dallas Cowboys’ Ezekiel Elliot was suspended six games and will miss their Week 3 matchup.
Just a week earlier, the Cardinals might not have to play against a proven quarterback either.
Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck underwent shoulder surgery in January and has yet to see the field in training camp this season.
Irsay told reporters that Luck could play in the season opener. He might not. He might miss a couple weeks. So who knows?
The Cardinals travel to Indianapolis for Week 2 on Sept. 17.
At this point, it will be the wait-and-see game to know exactly who will be garnering snaps against them at Lucas Oil Stadium.
- Report: Cardinals want second interview with Patriots’ Brian Flores
- NFL head coaching job tracker: Titans hire Mike Vrabel to replace Mularkey
- Armstrong, Wilks complete second interviews as Cards’ search rolls on
- Arians endorses Bettcher, Armstrong for Cardinals’ head coaching job
- PFF: Budda Baker a top performer among 2017 second rounders