Suns’ 2017-18 schedule includes 13 nationally-televised games
The Phoenix Suns will open the 2017-18 season with four of their first five games at home, per their schedule released on Monday.
They debut, fresh uniforms and all, against the Portland Trail Blazers on Wednesday, Oct. 18, at Talking Stick Resort Arena before facing the Los Angeles Lakers on Friday, Oct. 20 and visiting the Clippers at Staples Center on Oct. 21 — the game in Los Angeles will be broadcast on NBATV.
The Suns have 13 games on nationally-televised games on TNT, ESPN and NBATV.
They will play three games on ESPN, all at home. Phoenix faces the Houston Rockets (Jan. 12), Dallas Mavericks (Jan. 31) and San Antonio Spurs (Feb. 7) at Talking Stick Resort Arena in front of a national audience.
Along with the game at Los Angeles in the first week of the season, NBATV will also broadcast Suns games against the Brooklyn Nets (Nov. 6), Toronto Raptors (Dec. 5), Sacramento Kings (Dec. 29), Blazers (Jan. 16), Rockets (Jan. 28), Golden State Warriors (Feb. 12 and April 8) and Boston Celtics (March 26).
Phoenix’s lone game on TNT comes Thursday, Nov. 16, at home against the Rockets.
The schedule includes 15 back-to-back sets.
- Suns announce $1 million grant to build, refurbish 50 basketball courts
- Suns’ Jared Dudley reflects on current role with Suns on ‘The Woj Pod’
- Empire of the Suns Mailbag: Booker’s next step, Doncic’s fit, 2018 draft
- Suns sign second-round draft pick Alec Peters
- Phoenix Suns release ‘statement’ black alternate jersey for new season