D-backs place David Peralta on paternity leave list, recall J.J. Hoover
The Arizona Diamondbacks placed outfielder David Peralta on the paternity leave list and recalled reliever J.J. Hoover on Monday.
Peralta’s wife Jordan gave birth to their first child, Sofia, on Monday, which is also Peralta’s 30th birthday.
After a long day, long night and a long morning finally princess Sofia has arrived 😍😍😍😍 worth every second. What a birthday gift, best ever thanks @jordanlperalta i love you both 💕💕💕💕 Despues de un largo dia, una larga noche y una larga mañana finalmente la princesa Sofia llego 😍😍😍😍. Valio la pena cada segundo. El mejor regalo de cumpleaños, gracias @jordanlperalta las Amos 💕💕💕
The left-handed Peralta is slashing .303/.359/.470 this season and has 12 home runs and 41 RBIs.
Hoover, who made Arizona’s Opening Day roster, owns a 4.82 ERA in 36 appearances with the D-backs this season.
He last pitched for Arizona on July 25 before he was sent down to Triple-A Reno. There, Hoover has a 1.13 ERA (one earned run in 8.0 innings pitched) along with eight strikeouts.
- In commanding outing, Greinke shows why D-backs paid him $200M
- Zack Greinke dominates Rockies as Diamondbacks avoid sweep
- Bullpen comes up short for D-backs in loss to Rockies
- Goldschmidt shows off baserunning skills in fourth inning against Rockies
- Eight-year-old throws first pitch at D-backs’ game using 3-D-printed hand