D-backs place David Peralta on paternity leave list, recall J.J. Hoover
The Arizona Diamondbacks placed outfielder David Peralta on the paternity leave list and recalled reliever J.J. Hoover on Monday.
Peralta’s wife Jordan gave birth to their first child, Sofia, on Monday, which is also Peralta’s 30th birthday.
After a long day, long night and a long morning finally princess Sofia has arrived 😍😍😍😍 worth every second. What a birthday gift, best ever thanks @jordanlperalta i love you both 💕💕💕💕 Despues de un largo dia, una larga noche y una larga mañana finalmente la princesa Sofia llego 😍😍😍😍. Valio la pena cada segundo. El mejor regalo de cumpleaños, gracias @jordanlperalta las Amos 💕💕💕
The left-handed Peralta is slashing .303/.359/.470 this season and has 12 home runs and 41 RBIs.
Hoover, who made Arizona’s Opening Day roster, owns a 4.82 ERA in 36 appearances with the D-backs this season.
He last pitched for Arizona on July 25 before he was sent down to Triple-A Reno. There, Hoover has a 1.13 ERA (one earned run in 8.0 innings pitched) along with eight strikeouts.
- Arizona sports teams, athletes offer Thanksgiving well wishes
- The 5: Things to be thankful for as an Arizona sports fan in 2017
- Diamondbacks add left-hander Jared Miller to 40-man roster
- D-backs, MLB teams release New Era 2018 spring training hats
- The 5: Most thrilling debut seasons in Valley sports history