D-backs recall right-hander Matt Koch, option Braden Shipley
The D-backs announced Monday they had recalled right-handed pitcher Matt Koch and sent right-hander Braden Shipley back to Triple-A Reno.
The move comes following the Diamondbacks’ 12-5 loss to the Twins on Sunday in which Braden Shipley allowed five runs (four earned) over 5.2 innings.
Shipley was only recalled a day ago, along with right-hander Jimmie Sherfy, after the team announced it had sent down pitchers J.J. Hoover and Silvino Bracho. It was announced after the game that Shipley had been sent back down with a corresponding move to follow.
Koch, 26, has yet to pitch in the big leagues this year but was called up last month for three days while Taijuan Walker was on the paternity list. Last season, he made seven appearances for the D-backs, posting a 2.00 ERA.
- No. 14 Arizona overcomes slow start, runs past Cal
- ‘It’s a historical day’: UA introduces first African-American head football coach
- University of Arizona hires Kevin Sumlin as head football coach
- Holder, Trier and Ayton make midseason top 25 Wooden Award list
- Sean Miller stands by comments, adds urgency to team’s effort level