D-backs recall right-hander Matt Koch, option Braden Shipley
The D-backs announced Monday they had recalled right-handed pitcher Matt Koch and sent right-hander Braden Shipley back to Triple-A Reno.
The move comes following the Diamondbacks’ 12-5 loss to the Twins on Sunday in which Braden Shipley allowed five runs (four earned) over 5.2 innings.
Shipley was only recalled a day ago, along with right-hander Jimmie Sherfy, after the team announced it had sent down pitchers J.J. Hoover and Silvino Bracho. It was announced after the game that Shipley had been sent back down with a corresponding move to follow.
Koch, 26, has yet to pitch in the big leagues this year but was called up last month for three days while Taijuan Walker was on the paternity list. Last season, he made seven appearances for the D-backs, posting a 2.00 ERA.
- NL Wild Card tracker: D-backs fight for playoff positioning
- Cool it: From slushy ice to high utility bills, sports in desert can be costly
- Dawkins’ six touchdowns lead Arizona past UTEP
- Back to School: A brief Q & A with Arizona Coyotes center Derek Stepan
- Report: Colts to start Jacoby Brissett at QB vs. Cardinals