D-backs recall right-hander Matt Koch, option Braden Shipley
The D-backs announced Monday they had recalled right-handed pitcher Matt Koch and sent right-hander Braden Shipley back to Triple-A Reno.
The move comes following the Diamondbacks’ 12-5 loss to the Twins on Sunday in which Braden Shipley allowed five runs (four earned) over 5.2 innings.
Shipley was only recalled a day ago, along with right-hander Jimmie Sherfy, after the team announced it had sent down pitchers J.J. Hoover and Silvino Bracho. It was announced after the game that Shipley had been sent back down with a corresponding move to follow.
Koch, 26, has yet to pitch in the big leagues this year but was called up last month for three days while Taijuan Walker was on the paternity list. Last season, he made seven appearances for the D-backs, posting a 2.00 ERA.
- Arizona Cardinals promote WR Carlton Agudosi to 53-man roster
- Arians praises quarterback Gabbert, criticizes Cardinals receivers
- How does the Territorial Cup game compare to other in-state rivalries?
- College bowl predictions: Arizona eyes Sun, ASU could land in Vegas
- Justin Herbert returns as Oregon takes down Arizona