Arizona Cardinals to start Kerwynn Williams at running back in Week 2
The Arizona Cardinals will lean on Kerwynn Williams as their lead back going into their Week 2 matchup with the Indianapolis Colts.
The announcement comes after starting running back David Johnson was forced out of Week 1’s contest and beyond with a wrist injury. Williams finished with five carries for 10 yards and a touchdown. He also caught one pass for two yards.
In 22 games as a running back, Williams has 555 yards and four touchdowns.
Williams, who is the team’s primary returner on special teams, will still handle the duties.
- Al Roker missed Larry Fitzgerald’s non-retirement news
- Cardinals’ 2017 rookie class deemed ‘underwhelming’ by one NFL expert
- Thoughts from Newsmakers Week, Days 4 and 5: Keim, McDonough visit
- Cardinals GM Steve Keim: Larry Fitzgerald will help QB recruitment
- Larry Fitzgerald’s return brightens Arizona’s dark sports year