Arizona Cardinals to start Kerwynn Williams at running back in Week 2
The Arizona Cardinals will lean on Kerwynn Williams as their lead back going into their Week 2 matchup with the Indianapolis Colts.
The announcement comes after starting running back David Johnson was forced out of Week 1’s contest and beyond with a wrist injury. Williams finished with five carries for 10 yards and a touchdown. He also caught one pass for two yards.
In 22 games as a running back, Williams has 555 yards and four touchdowns.
Williams, who is the team’s primary returner on special teams, will still handle the duties.
- The 5: Father-son sports duos and their ties to Arizona
- Cardinals’ Chase Edmonds plans to pay off sister’s student loans
- Cardinals sign WR Greg Little, release Cobi Hamilton
- Rosenthal’s NFL division power rankings: NFC West third-best
- Arizona Cardinals head coach Steve Wilks: We got better this offseason