Arizona Cardinals to start Kerwynn Williams at running back in Week 2
The Arizona Cardinals will lean on Kerwynn Williams as their lead back going into their Week 2 matchup with the Indianapolis Colts.
The announcement comes after starting running back David Johnson was forced out of Week 1’s contest and beyond with a wrist injury. Williams finished with five carries for 10 yards and a touchdown. He also caught one pass for two yards.
In 22 games as a running back, Williams has 555 yards and four touchdowns.
Williams, who is the team’s primary returner on special teams, will still handle the duties.
- Arizona Sports Fantasy Football Host League: Week 11 recap
- Behind Enemy Lines: Cardinals host Calais Campbell, first place Jaguars
- How the NFC West Was Won Week 11: The division goes winless
- Cardinals rookie WR Chad Williams ‘ready’ for opportunity
- Cardinals release RB Andre Ellington, add Bronson Hill to practice squad