Arizona Cardinals to start Kerwynn Williams at running back in Week 2
The Arizona Cardinals will lean on Kerwynn Williams as their lead back going into their Week 2 matchup with the Indianapolis Colts.
The announcement comes after starting running back David Johnson was forced out of Week 1’s contest and beyond with a wrist injury. Williams finished with five carries for 10 yards and a touchdown. He also caught one pass for two yards.
In 22 games as a running back, Williams has 555 yards and four touchdowns.
Williams, who is the team’s primary returner on special teams, will still handle the duties.
- How the NFC West Was Won — Week 3: Exciting win pushes Rams back to top
- It’s hard to believe the Cardinals’ problems are fixable
- Birdseed: Kicking, offensive line hurt Cardinals in loss to Cowboys
- Cardinals’ loss to Cowboys had quite the familiar feel
- Rapid Reaction: Cardinals drop to 1-2 after Monday night loss to Dallas