Coyotes recall goalie Adin Hill, assign Marek Langhamer to Tucson
With starting goalie Antti Raanta ailing due to a lower body injury, the Arizona Coyotes are shuffling the depth behind backup Louis Domingue. The team sent Marek Langhamer to the AHL team in Tucson and recalled fellow goalie Adin Hill on Monday.
Hill, the 21-year-old third round pick from 2015, has 30 saves and one goal allowed in 93 minutes in net for the Roadrunners this year.
Langhamer, who has not appeared for the Coyotes this season, made one appearance in 2016-17, playing 15:31 and stopping seven shots with one goal allowed.
Arizona (0-4-1) continues to monitor Raanta’s health. He missed the season opener with a lower body injury and made three appearances before sitting out Saturday in a 6-2 loss to Boston Bruins. Raanta has allowed five goals in 90 minutes of ice time.
In Domingue’s four appearances, including two starts in place of Raanta, the backup has allowed 16 goals over 52:47 of time on the ice for a 4.55 goals against average and .862 save percentage.
- Coyotes to interview Blues assistant Mike Van Ryn for head-coaching job
- Report: Coyotes special assistant to the GM Brian Daccord resigns
- Coyotes sign forward Ben McCartney to 3-year entry-level deal
- Coyotes’ Conor Garland heading to 1st world championship with Team USA
- Coyotes’ Armstrong on Tocchet: We were looking for new leadership, voice