Coyotes recall goalie Adin Hill, assign Marek Langhamer to Tucson
With starting goalie Antti Raanta ailing due to a lower body injury, the Arizona Coyotes are shuffling the depth behind backup Louis Domingue. The team sent Marek Langhamer to the AHL team in Tucson and recalled fellow goalie Adin Hill on Monday.
Hill, the 21-year-old third round pick from 2015, has 30 saves and one goal allowed in 93 minutes in net for the Roadrunners this year.
Langhamer, who has not appeared for the Coyotes this season, made one appearance in 2016-17, playing 15:31 and stopping seven shots with one goal allowed.
Arizona (0-4-1) continues to monitor Raanta’s health. He missed the season opener with a lower body injury and made three appearances before sitting out Saturday in a 6-2 loss to Boston Bruins. Raanta has allowed five goals in 90 minutes of ice time.
In Domingue’s four appearances, including two starts in place of Raanta, the backup has allowed 16 goals over 52:47 of time on the ice for a 4.55 goals against average and .862 save percentage.
- Coyotes’ prospect pool still middle of the pack led by Hayton, Soderstrom
- The Athletic: Coyotes could make leap, become breakout playoff team
- Hockey fan creates incredible Winter Classic concept jersey for Coyotes
- Arizona Coyotes to sell shirt with new owner’s fiery quote
- Arizona Coyotes single-game tickets go on sale Friday