Arizona’s Deandre Ayton wins second Pac-12 Player of the Week award
For the second time this season, Arizona’s freshman forward Deandre Ayton has been named the Pac-12 Player of the Week.
The award for Ayton came after he recorded his 10th double-double of the season, scoring 23 points and 19 rebounds in a win over the Wildcats’ in-state rival, Arizona State.
Ayton currently averages 19.7 points, 11.9 rebounds and 1.5 blocks on the season.
His first Pac-12 Player of the Week award came in December after he averaged 20.5 points, 9.5 rebounds and 1.5 blocks in the Wildcats’ wins against Long Beach State and UNLV.
The win over then-No. 3 Arizona State allowed the Wildcats to climb in the AP Poll from No. 17 to No. 14.
Ayton and the Wildcats look to extend their eight-game win streak to nine as they take on Utah on on Thursday.
- Pat Tillman’s great Valley legacy honored by Pat’s Run
- Valley football schedule includes Cardinals, ASU sharing a Thursday
- Arizona basketball unveils statue of Hall of Fame coach Lute Olson
- Five things to watch at ASU’s spring football game
- “I’m done with not making the playoffs”: Devin Booker looking for future success with team