Coyotes claim C Freddie Hamilton off waivers, send Mario Kempe to AHL
The Arizona Coyotes claimed center Freddie Hamilton on Thursday, a day after he was put on waivers by the Calgary Flames.
Arizona also assigned forward Mario Kempe to the Tucson Roadrunners.
Hamilton, a fifth-round pick from the 2010 NHL Draft, has appeared in eight games in 2017-18 and recorded an assist with five shots on goal.
He has played in 67 NHL games over his six-year career with stops in San Jose and Colorado before joining Calgary in 2016. The 26-year-old has scored four goals to go with two assists with 66 shots on goal over that span.
Kempe has appeared in 18 games for the Coyotes, recording two goals and four assists.
- Coyotes fall to Vegas Golden Knights in first of 4-game series
- Coyotes to be without Oliver Ekman-Larsson for Vegas matchup
- Arizona Coyotes bounce back with 5-3 win over San Jose Sharks
- Arizona Coyotes drop season opener in shootout to San Jose Sharks
- Arizona Coyotes to wear ‘LA49’ helmet decal honoring late fan