There are a lot of questions facing the Cardinals as they look to get back to the Super Bowl, but which ones actually matter?
* Kurt Warner will play all 16 games this year. LAME.
* The most important player this entire preseason is Matt Leinart. LEGIT
* Matt Leinart will be handed the job as backup QB. LAME
* Coach Whisenhunt suggested that the backup QB position is no more important than any other backup position on the roster. LAME.
* Coach Whisenhunt isn’t that concerned about Beanie Wells injury and neither am I. LEGIT
* The defensive equivalent to Matt Leinart (a guy who must have a strong preseason) is Calais Campbell. LEGIT.
* Tim Hightower has the chops to be an every down running back in the NFL. LAME.
* There is absolutely nothing more important to the 09 Arizona Cardinals than staying healthy. LEGIT.
* Legit or Lame: Beanie Wells missing camp thus far is not that big of a deal. Legit – Running back is the one position that a rookie can away with coming in late. Their job is to run. Pretty simple, although if someone can’t stay healthy that’s pretty hard to do.
* Legit or Lame: Lance Long is needed more than Sean Morey. Legit – The Cardinals offense is predicated on the spreading the field and passing. That requires more depth at the receiver position than others. So, if Anquan Boldin goes down Steve Breaston becomes the #2 receiver with Urban at #3 and Sean Morey at #4??? If Early Doucet is still hurt and Lance Long is waived and likely in Kansas City, that’s a pretty dicey proposition. A good offensive weapon trumps a good special teams player.
* Legit or Lame: Kurt Warner’s hip injury is not an issue? Lame – Watching Warner in practice, you can tell that doesn’t feel great between snaps. When he’s playing, he seems fine and probably will play fine. He’s already admitted as much, and says that his hip bothers him when he’s standing and so much when he’s out there playing. He’s never played back-to-back 16 game seasons. Couple these to factors and, yes, the hip injury is definitely an issue