D-backs agree to one-year deal with Corbin, avoid arbitration
The Arizona Diamondbacks have avoided arbitration and agreed to a one-year deal with left-handed pitcher Patrick Corbin, the team announced Thursday.
Corbin started in 32 games this season for the D-backs, going 14-13. In 189.2 innings pitched, the lefty struck out 178 batters and posted an ERA of 4.03.
His best month of 2017 came in August when he posted a 4-2 record with a 2.51 ERA through 39.1 innings. His strikeouts rose from 34 in July to 42 in August.
Corbin joined the D-backs in 2012.
With the latest signing, the D-backs have 11 arbitration-eligible players remaining.
- D-backs FA outfielder A.J. Pollock’s status, FA market remain at standstill
- D-backs acquire INF/OF Tim Locastro from Yankees
- D-backs’ Archie Bradley is either closing or tweeting about that song
- Reports: INF Wilmer Flores agrees to deal with Diamondbacks
- Diamondbacks release 2019 spring training radio, TV broadcast schedule