D-backs avoid arbitration with 9 players including Ray, Lamb, Pollock
The Arizona Diamondbacks avoided arbitration and agreed to one-year deals with nine more players Friday night, including many notable names from the 2017 roster.
Those nine players are infielder Nick Ahmed, reliever Andrew Chafin, catcher Chris Herrmann, third baseman Jake Lamb, infielder and outfielder Chris Owings, outfielders David Peralta and A.J. Pollock and starters Robbie Ray and Taijuan Walker.
That leaves starter Shelby Miller as the lone player left remaining out of the 13 eligible for arbitration.
The club and Miller do not look to be that far off on a number.
If the D-backs and Miller cannot come to terms, they will go to arbitration in February.
- D-backs’ Lamb to be re-evaluated, won’t join team on road trip
- Patrick Corbin, Diamondbacks maintain their winning ways
- Zack Godley celebrates birthday with win, D-backs top San Diego
- Zack Godley dons PF Flyers, joins exclusive club with birthday RBI
- Souza Jr. and Lamb on the mend, working on return to D-backs lineup