Silverman wins new Ford for 100 Club of Arizona at WM Phoenix Open
While Ben Silverman finished tied for 48th at the Waste Management Phoenix Open, the 100 Club of Arizona might argue that he had the most memorable performance.
After all, he did just win them a new car.
Silverman, the No. 254 player in the world, won the ‘Ford Drive for your Ride’ contest in his first year as a professional golfer, winning himself a Ford Expedition while the 100 Club of Arizona will receive another 2018 vehicle.
He chose to play for the 100 Club of Arizona, a non-profit organization that provides financial assistance to families of public safety officers and firefighters who are seriously injured or killed in the line of duty.
The winner was determined based on combined closest-to-the-pin distances at the 16th hole during the first two rounds of the Waste Management Phoenix Open. Silverman won with a distance of 15 feet, 8 inches.
“What an incredible gift to our organization. The Silvermans shared with me that they researched and chose the 100 Club of Arizona to play for, knowing that we would in turn continue our support of public safety, and we couldn’t be more thrilled,” CEO and president of the 100 Club of Arizona Angela Harrolle said in a release.
- Arizona Sports to host Holiday Heroes fundraiser for 100 Club of AZ
- Gary Woodland beats Chez Reavie in WM Phoenix Open playoff
- ASU alum Chez Reavie forces sudden death, falls in playoff
- Diamondbacks’ Bradley, Corbin talk trades, free agents, golf
- Jordan Spieth shares moment with cancer survivor at WM Phoenix Open