Tom Willis isn’t letting being born without arms stop him from accomplishing a rare feat — throwing the ceremonial first pitch in all 30 MLB stadiums.
To date, he has thrown the first pitch in 22 of the 30 MLB stadiums using his right foot to deliver the ball over the plate. The Pitch for Awareness campaign began with Petco Park in 2008 and included a trip to Chase Field in 2011.
Thursday, the the tour traveled to Kansas City. Video is below of that pitch.
- Horizon's Kody Huff more than a rising baseball star
- Campo Verde's Kanani Hiapo thrives on volleyball court, in the classroom
- Raymond S. Kellis sophomore Chase Weaver balances leadership roles in sports, church
- Westwood's Brianna Anderson makes big differences with little actions
- Marcos de Niza kicker Krysten Muir using football success to build up others
- Arcadia High School's Grant Loftin leads in lacrosse and beyond
- Williams Field High School junior Lindsay O'Driscoll finds time to help others
- Scottsdale Christian's Christina Clark has dreams, reality of helping others
- Golf, piloting and helping others are Brody Burnell's passions
- Teddy bear drive, speeches help Emery Miller inspire children to overcome adversity