Ten-year-old Ella Parkhill had a wish, and it was to be part of the Phoenix Suns’ dance team.
She got that wish.
Ella has a weakened heart and lungs due to hypertension, and as part of the Make a Wish Foundation, she got to be part of the dance team Wednesday.
She practiced with the group, hung out with the dancers prior to the game, and got on the court with them as they performed for the crowd during the Suns’ home game with the Minnesota Timberwolves.
- Horizon's Kody Huff more than a rising baseball star
- Campo Verde's Kanani Hiapo thrives on volleyball court, in the classroom
- Raymond S. Kellis sophomore Chase Weaver balances leadership roles in sports, church
- Westwood's Brianna Anderson makes big differences with little actions
- Marcos de Niza kicker Krysten Muir using football success to build up others
- Arcadia High School's Grant Loftin leads in lacrosse and beyond
- Williams Field High School junior Lindsay O'Driscoll finds time to help others
- Scottsdale Christian's Christina Clark has dreams, reality of helping others
- Golf, piloting and helping others are Brody Burnell's passions
- Teddy bear drive, speeches help Emery Miller inspire children to overcome adversity