Northern Arizona falls on the road to Idaho
MOSCOW, Idaho — Brayon Blake had 22 points, 14 rebounds and three blocks on Thursday night and Idaho pulled away to beat Northern Arizona 66-52.
The Vandals (21-8, 13-4 Big Sky) turned a two-point lead into a 64-41 advantage after going on a 23-2 run over six-plus minutes capped by Scott Blakney’s basket with 3:24 left.
With the victory and Weber State’s loss to Montana, Idaho moved alone into second place in the conference standings.
The Vandals close their season hosting Southern Utah on Saturday.
Victor Sanders added 12 points and Jordan Scott had 12 rebounds to go with seven points for Idaho.
Torry Johnson and Jojo Anderson had 11 points apiece for the Lumberjacks (5-25, 2-15), who have lost eight of their last nine.
Northern Arizona missed its first 10 shots to start the game and missed 12 straight shots during the second half, mostly while Idaho pulled away. The Lumberjacks made 17 of 59 (29 percent) for the game.
- NAU men’s basketball ranked No. 8 in Big Sky preseason polls
- No. 18 Arizona State looks to quell Washington State’s pass attack
- California’s Fair Pay to Play Act has Arizona sports figures divided
- California to let college athletes sign endorsement deals; Pac-12 responds
- Northern Arizona to honor 2019 Hall of Fame class