Phoenix Mercury release sneak peek of Nike uniforms
Ahead of the 2018 WNBA Draft on Thursday afternoon, the Phoenix Mercury gave fans a sneak peek of their new Nike uniforms.
Phoenix’s preview was of its Icon Edition jerseys, one of two uniform combinations the WNBA will wear as it joins the NBA in transitioning to Nike apparel.
The new Nike threads are here!
— Phoenix Mercury (@PhoenixMercury) April 12, 2018
Compared to its Adidas predecessor, the Icon Edition jersey features a darker shade of purple on the uniform and incorporates white numerals, rather than orange, and lettering for player names and numbers. On the back, the grey across the shoulders has been replaced with an orange trim on the shoulder blades.
The reveal of the second uniform, the Statement Edition, will be unveiled in late April.
Phoenix will play its first game in Nike uniforms when it opens the season on May 18 against the Dallas Wings.
- Mercury deal January, acquire Breland and Coffey in 3-team trade
- Phoenix Mercury have the new big 3 to see, GM Pitman says
- Cardinals’ Keim, Mercury’s Pitman and more: Best of Newsmakers Week Day 5
- Brittney Griner, Phoenix Mercury agree to multi-year extension
- Michael Avenatti considering testifying at extortion trial