Four-star big man Uros Plavsic signs with Arizona State
Head coach Bobby Hurley’s third recruiting class at Arizona State was already among the best in program history. Now, it is among the best in the nation.
On Thursday, four-star prospect Uros Plavsic signed his national letter of intent with ASU. The move gives the Sun Devils some much-needed size as well as a fourth recruit of at least four stars in Hurley’s 2018 class.
Initially committed to Cleveland State, Plavsic reopened his recruitment on March 30. After Hurley met with him at his high school on April 13, the 7-foot-1 center took an official visit to ASU on Tuesday before signing.
Given his size, soft touch around the basket and good hands, it is safe to assume that Plavsic will compete for playing time as a freshman. Forwards Romello White and De’Quon Lake are back for ASU but Plavsic brings legitimate size to the Sun Devils for the first time in the Hurley era.
With the addition of Plavsic, ASU currently has the No. 8 recruiting class nationally according to 247sports.com as well as the No. 3 class in the Pac-12. Among the other incoming freshmen are guards Luguentz Dort and Elias Valtonen and forward Taeshon Cherry.
- Arizona State’s Bobby Hurley: This offseason felt ‘like Survivor a little bit’
- Report: ASU set to hire Joel Justus, Jermaine Kimbrough as assistants
- Toledo transfer Marreon Jackson commits to Arizona State basketball
- Arizona State freshman F Marcus Bagley declares for NBA Draft
- ‘Battle-tested’ Sun Devils ready to fight for their Pac-12 Tournament lives