Cardinals draft Valley’s own Kirk: Reaction to Arizona’s WR pick
The Arizona Cardinals selected hometown kid and Texas A&M wide receiver Christian Kirk in the second round of the NFL Draft on Friday.
Kirk checks all the boxes of being a local product from Saguaro High School, filling an immediate need as a pass-catcher and potential returner all while being a high-rated choice in the mid-second round.
That led to the nearly unanimous approval of the selection on Twitter.
There’s also the local angle on Kirk, who is a Valley native.
First-round choice Josh Rosen made headlines Thursday for saying teams that passed on him will regret it and Rosen will be pleased to know that Kirk shares the same type of mentality.
- PFF: Arizona Cardinals’ biggest needs are WR, D-line and TE
- NFC West coaching tracker: Seahawks poach Waldron from Rams, per report
- Cardinals draft Virginia Tech CB Caleb Farley in Kiper’s 1st NFL mock
- In ‘C-plus’ health, Bruce Arians sees Bucs-Cards parallels before Super Bowl
- Cardinals promote assistants Sean Kugler and Cam Turner, hire Jefferson