Cardinals draft Valley’s own Kirk: Reaction to Arizona’s WR pick
The Arizona Cardinals selected hometown kid and Texas A&M wide receiver Christian Kirk in the second round of the NFL Draft on Friday.
Kirk checks all the boxes of being a local product from Saguaro High School, filling an immediate need as a pass-catcher and potential returner all while being a high-rated choice in the mid-second round.
That led to the nearly unanimous approval of the selection on Twitter.
There’s also the local angle on Kirk, who is a Valley native.
First-round choice Josh Rosen made headlines Thursday for saying teams that passed on him will regret it and Rosen will be pleased to know that Kirk shares the same type of mentality.
- Arizona Cardinals quick hits: QB Kyler Murray ‘put on some mass’
- Cardinals OT Marcus Gilbert is ‘high risk,’ opts out of 2020 season
- Arizona Cardinals release 3 undrafted rookies
- Cardinals’ Kyler Murray a top-15 signal caller in quarterback tier ranking
- Cardinals’ Isaiah Simmons stays home, in life and virtual ILB meetings