Cardinals draft Valley’s own Kirk: Reaction to Arizona’s WR pick
The Arizona Cardinals selected hometown kid and Texas A&M wide receiver Christian Kirk in the second round of the NFL Draft on Friday.
Kirk checks all the boxes of being a local product from Saguaro High School, filling an immediate need as a pass-catcher and potential returner all while being a high-rated choice in the mid-second round.
That led to the nearly unanimous approval of the selection on Twitter.
There’s also the local angle on Kirk, who is a Valley native.
First-round choice Josh Rosen made headlines Thursday for saying teams that passed on him will regret it and Rosen will be pleased to know that Kirk shares the same type of mentality.
- Here are the Arizona sports connections on Super Bowl LIV teams
- ESPN’s Seifert makes case for Kenyan Drake’s high value as free agent RB
- Carson Palmer: Cardinals ‘system might not be built’ for David Johnson
- Cardinals’ Larry Fitzgerald to play in WM Phoenix Open Pro-Am
- Next for the Cardinals?: Arizona Sports 2020 NFL Mock Draft Tracker