Falling D-backs fan is actually switching jerseys, hats to get baseballs
There’s nothing quite like getting a baseball at the ballpark.
From catching a foul ball to when players will throw a ball into the stands, it’s a great feeling to get one of those balls.
For one fan, that feeling must be worth a lot, because he came very prepared to the Arizona Diamondbacks’ game Monday night against the San Francisco Giants.
In a D-backs shirt and cap, the fan was sitting right behind Arizona’s bullpen with his glove. As a foul ball went down the right field line, the fan laid out for the ball, but the ball wouldn’t roll far enough to him.
The result was him falling over the barricade into the dirt, looking like a fool, as he appeared frustrated by how the entire situation had unfolded.
Well, upon further review, that awkward moment when everyone felt bad for the fan was actually the opposite.
TV cameras caught the fan pulling out a Giants jersey and hat from his bag, changing his outfit multiple times throughout the game in the hopes of getting a ball.
- Alex Young leads D-backs to win in Texas homecoming
- Eduardo Escobar named D-backs’ 2019 Heart and Hustle Award winner
- RHP Taylor Clarke to start for D-backs on Friday vs. Brewers
- Report: Brewers among teams interested in D-backs LHP Robbie Ray
- D-backs infielder Wilmer Flores moving rehab to Triple-A Reno