Griner scores 36, Mercury snap 3-game skid in win over Fever
INDIANAPOLIS — Brittney Griner had a season-high 36 points and grabbed 12 boards to help the Phoenix Mercury snap a three-game skid with a 101-82 win over the Indiana Fever on Sunday.
The Mercury (15-8) took the lead for good on the opening basket of the third quarter but didn’t pull away until a 15-4 run made it 84-71 early in the fourth.
Diana Taurasi added 22 points for Phoenix, which finished a four-game road swing with its only win of the trip.
Candice Dupree passed Becky Hammon (5,841) for ninth on the all-time WNBA scoring list with a jumper on the opening possession of the game.
Dupree finished with 23 points and Cappie Pondexter had a season-high 17 for the Fever (2-20).
Indiana erased a 13-point deficit in the second quarter with a 23-6 run and went into the break leading 48-46.
- Mercury deal January, acquire Breland and Coffey in 3-team trade
- Phoenix Mercury have the new big 3 to see, GM Pitman says
- Cardinals’ Keim, Mercury’s Pitman and more: Best of Newsmakers Week Day 5
- Brittney Griner, Phoenix Mercury agree to multi-year extension
- WNBA, players reach CBA deal that will boost average salary