Moore scores 38, Minnesota Lynx hold off Mercury
PHOENIX — Maya Moore scored 38 points, Danielle Robinson added 16 and the Minnesota Lynx held off the Phoenix Mercury 80-75 on Saturday night.
Minnesota (14-10) used a 14-2 run, with Moore scoring all, in the last 3:30 minutes of the first quarter for a 24-17 lead. Phoenix (15-10) drew within 40-38 at halftime and took its last lead on Yvonne Turner’s 3-pointer to make it 42-41 after the break. But the Lynx quickly took control and outscored Phoenix 28-12 for a 15-point lead to end the third.
Minnesota’s Seimone Augustus scored 16 points and Rebekkah Brunson had 11 rebounds and three blocks, the last coming on a put-back attempt by Stephanie Talbot off her offensive rebound with 43 seconds left and the Lynx leading 78-75.
DeWanna Bonner led Phoenix with 29 points.
- Phoenix Mercury sign C Kia Vaughn amid busy offseason
- Mercury deal January, acquire Breland and Coffey in 3-team trade
- Phoenix Mercury have the new big 3 to see, GM Pitman says
- Cardinals’ Keim, Mercury’s Pitman and more: Best of Newsmakers Week Day 5
- Brittney Griner, Phoenix Mercury agree to multi-year extension