Tortugas to wear Bob Ross-themed uniform over Aug. 10 weekend
Next week, the Dayton Tortugas minor league team won’t be making any errors.
They’ll just make happy little accidents.
The Cincinnati Reds’ Class-A minor league team will be hosting a Bob Ross weekend from Aug. 10-12, complete with a bobblehead giveaway, a 5K color run and a jersey designed to imitate Ross’ art.
Of course, there’s also a painting class. You can’t have a Ross weekend without learning to paint.
BREAKING: Bob Ross Weekend returns in 8 days! The Tortugas to wear these specialty jerseys to kick off the weekend on Friday, August 10 presented by @Carvana. #GoBobOrGoHome #BobRoss #Tortugas Tix here: https://t.co/AFgvqV0ELm pic.twitter.com/x63a9wij2e
— Daytona Tortugas (@daytonatortugas) August 2, 2018
It will go up for auction Monday, according to the Twitter account.
The background of snowy mountains will remind the Florida home crowd of a cooler place, and the bushes in trees in front of the lake are an accurate representation of the art that made Ross a star.
After all, there’s nothing wrong with having a tree as a friend.
- Diamondbacks offense can’t produce in series finale loss to Reds
- D-backs’ Alex Young breaks rookie record with 12 strikeouts
- D-backs pitcher Merrill Kelly gets back on track in third start
- No sweep: Corbin suffers worst loss of season, D-backs fall to Reds
- Godley bounces back, D-backs make it two wins in a row at home