Cardinals’ Chandler Jones named NFC Defensive Player of the Week
Not only did the Arizona Cardinals get their first win of 2018 last Sunday over the San Francisco 49ers, but Wednesday, they earned their first weekly player award of the year.
Defensive end Chandler Jones was named the NFC Defensive Player of the Week Award for Week 5.
Jones registered six tackles, a sack, two tackles for loss, two quarterbacks hits, a forced fumble, a fumble recovery and two passes defensed on the day. One of Jones’ biggest plays of the day was knocking down C.J. Beathard’s two-point conversion pass that would have tied the game at 14-14 in the fourth quarter. The Cardinals went on to win, 28-12.
Jones now has four sacks on the season, tied for the fourth-most in the NFL, and has at least one sack in 26 of the 37 games he’s played in an Arizona uniform.
This is Jones’ second career weekly honor and his first since joining the Cardinals prior to the 2016 season.
- What to watch for in the Cardinals’ dress rehearsal vs. Vikings
- Keim: WR Crabtree still has it, Cards continue search for upgrades
- ESPN’s Barnwell watching potential success of Air Raid, Murphy in Arizona
- Crabtree creates WR squeeze, Fitz says he feels it and Hump is a pretty-boy
- Cardinals trade S Rudy Ford for Eagles DT Bruce Hector