NAU football game against Sac State canceled due to wild fires
Northern Arizona University football’s road game against Sacramento State will not be played on Saturday due to poor air quality from nearby wild fires, the school announced.
The schools are discussing moving the game to a different venue or date, the school said.
NAU (3-6, 2-4) and Sacramento State (2-7, 0-6) were supposed to get underway at 7 p.m.
Tonight’s football game between Sacramento State and Northern Arizona has been cancelled due to poor air quality.
More information will follow.
— Sac State Football (@SacHornetsFB) November 10, 2018
Wild fires have ravaged throughout California all week.
The Lumberjacks — pending the reschedule of this game — will close out the 2018 season next Saturday against North Dakota at 2:30 p.m.
- Arizona suffers rout at home to No. 7 Utah
- Northern Arizona football falls to Idaho in overtime on Senior Day
- Ottawa University: from nonexistent to football playoff contenders in just two years
- More than a name: Hamilton’s Brenden Rice hopes to forge own path
- Bowl projections: ASU football predicted to play in Redbox Bowl