Sun Devils, Wildcats scuffle ahead of Territorial Cup
The extra-curricular activities have begun between the Arizona State Sun Devils and Arizona Wildcats ahead of the Territorial Cup.
There have been two skirmishes already on the field between the teams in pregame warmups.
The first came at midfield.
Then it happened again around the 20-yard line. Police officers formed a line at midfield, separating both teams.
One of the skirmishes involved Arizona defensive tackle P.J. Johnson and Arizona State’s Chase Lucas.
The rivalry game has been updated to start at 1:40 p.m., ASU announced on Twitter.
The Sun Devils beat the Wildcats 42-30 last season and have won four of the last six matchups.
This should be a good one.
- New ASU OC Zak Hill earning trust of players while installing offense
- Arizona, Alabama schedule home-and-home football series for 2032-33
- ASU football scheduled to play UNLV at Raiders’ new stadium in Vegas
- CBS Sports: Sean Miller a top-10 candidate to win title for 1st time
- AD intends for Arizona to play college football season; Sumlin prepares