Internet mocks Kawhi Leonard over New Balance shoe deal
Kawhi Leonard did the most Kawhi Leonard thing ever: signed an endorsement deal with New Balance.
It was met with mockery, naturally, because of New Balance’s reputation in the shoe world and Kawhi’s complementary bland personality.
Bleacher Report, which broke the news, reintroduced the awkward Leonard clip of him laughing during his introductory press conference with the Toronto Raptors.
TNT mocked Leonard’s deal by calling him a “fun guy.”
Yahoo just decided to go after the New Balance company as a whole.
Yep, New Balance is typically a shoe for older folks.
Regardless, Leonard is going to make a lot of money from the partnership and will likely have the opportunity to create his own custom shoes.
Plus, his Raptors’ team is an NBA-best 18-4 this season.
- Victor Oladipo to sit out of NBA return; Suns play Pacers in fourth game
- Monty Williams: Suns enter Orlando bubble with ‘Gladiator’ mindset
- NBA to announce schedule for seeding games on Friday
- NBA announces 16 initial coronavirus positives out of 302 tests
- NBA prepared for wave of positive COVID-19 tests prior to Orlando