Internet mocks Kawhi Leonard over New Balance shoe deal
Kawhi Leonard did the most Kawhi Leonard thing ever: signed an endorsement deal with New Balance.
It was met with mockery, naturally, because of New Balance’s reputation in the shoe world and Kawhi’s complementary bland personality.
Bleacher Report, which broke the news, reintroduced the awkward Leonard clip of him laughing during his introductory press conference with the Toronto Raptors.
TNT mocked Leonard’s deal by calling him a “fun guy.”
Yahoo just decided to go after the New Balance company as a whole.
Yep, New Balance is typically a shoe for older folks.
Regardless, Leonard is going to make a lot of money from the partnership and will likely have the opportunity to create his own custom shoes.
Plus, his Raptors’ team is an NBA-best 18-4 this season.
- Ricky Rubio brings flashes of Steve Nash back to Phoenix Suns
- Suns’ Monty Williams recalls his decision to head to the Valley
- Suns notebook: GM Jones reflects on offseason, decision to sit rookies
- C is for Cubs: Cookie Monster does 7th inning stretch at Wrigley
- Free agent superstars will usher in new era of NBA