Arizona Coyotes recall forward Michael Bunting from AHL Tucson
The Arizona Coyotes have recalled Michael Bunting from the Tucson Roadrunners, the team announced Friday.
Originally drafted in the 2014 Entry Draft by the Coyotes, Bunting is second on the Roadrunners in scoring with 6-12-18 and 26 penalty minutes in 20 games this season.
In over four seasons, the 23-year-old has recorded 53-61-114 and 164 PIM in 217 AHL games with Tucson and Springfield.
Last season, Bunting finished tied for the team lead with 23 goals.
In addition to recalling Bunting, the Coyotes also placed netminder Antti Raanta on injured reserve with a lower-body injury.
Raanta has missed four straight games after exiting against Minnesota last Tuesday and is listed as “week-to-week.”
- Good timing: Coyotes getting wins, more after beating Islanders
- Coyotes ‘rise to the challenge’, beat Capitals and Ovechkin
- Shine and dine: How do local sports leaders sell visitors on Arizona?
- Coyotes give up 2 goals early, fall to Senators
- D-backs’ Hall, ASU’s Crow and others: Best of Newsmakers Week Day 4