Doug & Wolf NFL power poll: Saints end 2018 atop the rankings
There will be no surprises about who is atop the last 2018 Doug & Wolf power poll.
It’s been clear for weeks that the New Orleans Saints are the least-flawed NFL team. They tied the Los Angeles Rams for the best record in the regular season at 13-3, but this week’s duo of pollsters are believing in the Saints’ stock with much more confidence.
In fact, Max Starks, who was filling in for Ron Wolfley on Wednesday, doesn’t even rank the Rams as a top-five team in the NFL. Starks has, in order from best to worst, the Chicago Bears, Kansas City Chiefs, New England Patriots and Baltimore Ravens ahead of Los Angeles.
Perhaps that’s because the Rams lost two games in a row, to the Bears and Eagles, before easily handling the Arizona Cardinals and San Francisco 49ers in the final four games of the year.
Meanwhile, Doug Franz returned from taking off last week to rank the Chiefs, Chargers, Bears and Rams after the first-place Saints.
- Hall stresses patience with D-backs’ impending deadline decision
- Experience a major key for Suns draft pick Ty Jerome
- Cardinals rookie KeeSean Johnson striving to make name known
- ASU’s Bobby Hurley talks Cheatham, Dort ahead of 2019 NBA Draft
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall sees Wild Card format as beneficial