Report: Arizona basketball’s Emmanuel Akot to transfer
Arizona basketball’s Emmanuel Akot has decided to transfer from the school, according to a report from 247 Sports’ Evan Daniels.
Akot, a sophomore guard, has averaged 3.8 points per game in 17 games this season, 11 of which have been starts.
He has started all four of the Wildcats’ Pac-12 games and scored a season-high seven points in their win over Colorado on Jan. 3.
Akot’s departure would leave Arizona (13-4, 4-0) with just seven players who average at least 10 minutes per game this season.
The Wildcats’ 2019 recruiting class could have an impact on Akot’s decision to transfer.
Arizona is bringing in two five-star recruits and five total recruits, per 247 Sports.
- ASU football drops 7 spots in AP poll after loss to Utah
- Khalil Tate benched for freshman Grant Gunnell in Arizona’s loss to USC
- Pro Football Focus ranks Cardinals’ Jones, Suggs top-25 pass rushers
- By the numbers: Arizona’s lopsided first half of the season
- Arizona football faces Washington, its toughest opponent thus far