‘Headband Book’ makes rare appearance for Suns in Booker’s return
We got a glimpse of it on Monday when videos from the Phoenix Suns’ practice started going live on Twitter.
Yup, Booker is wearing a headband. In what is not a traditional part of his game-day attire, Booker has only worn a headband once for the Suns during a game.
On March 8 against the Oklahoma City Thunder on the road last season, Booker donned the accessory and scored 30 points on 45.5 percent shooting.
As the highlights show below, Booker played with an extra bit of swagger when he was scoring, perhaps activated through the headband.
The reactions came flooding in once Booker’s post-practice interviews came across.
Anticipation grew for Tuesday’s game in Indiana against the Pacers, where video emerged of Booker once again with the headband for pregame warmups.
“Headband Book” did indeed take the court for the Suns.
The start for Booker against Indiana was his first in four games. The 22-year-old had missed the team’s last three games due to back spasms.
- Devin Booker has 2nd-best odds to win Player of the Seeding Games
- Rowley: Suns’ hot start vindicates NBA bubble format, Phoenix’s group
- What are the odds of the Phoenix Suns making playoffs, play-in game?
- Devin Booker’s dominant bubble run cements his stature, Suns’ legitimacy
- NBA sends memo outlining plan for player guests to enter bubble