Michael Finke carries Grand Canyon past Cal State Bakersfield
PHOENIX — Michael Finke had 26 points and 10 rebounds as Grand Canyon narrowly beat Cal State Bakersfield 73-69 on Saturday night.
Finke hit 10 of 11 free throws.
Carlos Johnson had 19 points for Grand Canyon (18-10, 10-4 Western Athletic Conference), which won its fourth straight game. Trey Drechsel added 12 points and six rebounds. Damari Milstead had seven assists for the home team.
Alessandro Lever, the Antelopes’ second leading scorer coming into the contest at 13 points per game, shot only 17 percent in the game (1 of 6).
Jarkel Joiner had 29 points for the Roadrunners (16-12, 7-7). Damiyne Durham added 12 points. Justin Edler-Davis had 11 points.
The Antelopes improve to 2-0 against the Roadrunners for the season. Grand Canyon defeated Cal State Bakersfield 72-59 on Feb. 2.
Grand Canyon plays Utah Valley on the road on Thursday. Cal State Bakersfield matches up against Seattle on the road on Thursday.
- Legally Speaking: Dan Majerle has a case against GCU
- Statement: GCU ‘surprised’ to learn of fired coach Dan Majerle’s lawsuit
- GCU ‘Apex Legends’ players adjusting to new season for battle royale title
- Transfers make up more than half of GCU basketball’s roster
- Takeaways from GCU’s near comeback against Illinois