Suns rookie Deandre Ayton receives first career ejection
Phoenix Suns rookie center Deandre Ayton was ejected from Saturday’s game against the New Orleans Pelicans, the first of his career, after receiving his second technical foul.
Ayton was issued a first technical in the second quarter after arguing a foul called on him when guarding Pelicans center Jahlil Okafor.
The No. 1 overall pick’s ejection was issued with a minute left in the third quarter while Ayton was on the bench. He appeared to to have choice words toward the officials.
Ayton finished the game with eight points and five rebounds in 22 minutes for the Suns.
His eight points is his second-lowest point total in his first season after he finished with two points on March 13 against the Utah Jazz — a game in which Ayton gave himself an “F-” grade for his performance.
- Cardinals’ Byron Murphy to play as Suns in NBA 2K20 vs. Vikings’ Smith
- NBA changing pre-draft process for workouts, interviews
- Adam Silver says he does not expect any NBA decisions before May
- Suns’ Devin Booker moves on in NBA 2K tournament
- Rising’s Owusu-Ansah Kontor takes over Suns’ 2K20 team, falls to Bulls